Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I altered the recipe I found online a bit. It was a huge hit for the kids and for my husband as well. They went nuts on it. My 2 year old son asked for 4 helpings. lol. The best part about this is that if you have a family of 5 or less, there's plenty of leftovers.
1 can meijer organic traditional pasta sauce
1 can meijer organic roasted garlic pasta sauce
1 diced onion
1 lb ground beef - we use free range so it doesn't really cook down.
1/2 cup water
16oz package mostoccioli noodles
1 12oz package mozzarella cheese - shredded
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Brown ground beef with onion and grind fresh pepper into the meat.
2. While meat is browning, start water boiling for noodles. Prepare according to the directions on the package.
3. When meat is cooked through, pour both cans of sauce and 1/2 cup water into skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. When noodles are done cooking, drain and pour into sauce mixture. Mix together well.
5. Pour noodles into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle a thin layer of freshly grated parm. cheese on top.
6. Top with mozz. cheese and bake at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
Posted by Amanda Kaake at 5:59 PM