Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Burgers and Asparagus



The key to a good burger is a few things.

Good meat - we get ours from Turtlebee Farms in Michigan. I can't say enough good things about this business. They are such a wonderful family. We LOVE their honey as well. To contact Tim and Kathy at Turtlebee Farms click here.

Grilled buns - This is definately key.

Good cheese - not that american cheese slices stuff. I mean real cheese. I had muenster and cheddar on mine while dh has pepperjack.

Those are the main things for a good burger. Anything else can follow. Today I made carmelized onions to go on the top of the burgers. They are so simple to make. I have some refined coconut oil (flavorless) that I put in the bottom of my skillet followed by thinly sliced onion. You just cook that on medium/low heat till it browns up good.

We also picked some yummy tomatoes from the garden. Delicious!

On to the asparagus. In my opinion this is the only way to eat it. Here's how you make it.

Lemon Asparagus
Ingredients:
Fresh or frozen asparagus
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon

Directions:
Put spears into a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Grill till desired doneness.

Remove onto serving platter and squeeze fresh lemon juice on the top.

This is absolutely fantastic. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do.

No comments: