Monday, November 17, 2008
Potato and Cabbage Soup
This soup is just lovely! I was amazed at the flavor that came from this. Don't skip any of the ingredients as it's perfect the way it is.
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 cups cabbage, shredded
3 potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
6 cups chicken stock, divided
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery, cabbage, salt, and pepper.
3. Partly cover and cook for 10 minutes over a low heat.
4. Add potatoes, chicken stock, and dill.
5. Bring to a boil while stirring periodically.
6. Boil, partly covered, for 20 minutes.
7. Mix the flour with the sour cream in a bowl.
8. Add 1/2 cup of the hot soup stock to bowl, mix well, and pour into soup.
9. Mix well and serve.
Posted by Amanda Kaake at 2:29 PM