Friday, October 24, 2008
Tuna Noodle Casserole
I had this growing up at home as well as at my aunts when I lived with her a short time. I fused the two together and came up with this. Tuna haters even like this one. This makes a large amount and will need to be made in a large pan. I would estimate this will feed 8 people well if you have a salad and bread on the side.
1 16oz box macaroni noodles
2-3 cans tuna - depending on how much you want in there.
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (optional if you want to salt after it's done)
freshly ground pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 package seasoned croutons
1 small package frozen peas
1. Cook noodles according to the directions on the package.
2. When noodles are almost entirely cooked, add in the frozen peas and heat through.
3. Drain noodles and peas.
4. Put noodles and peas back in pan and add in mushroom soup, milk, butter, and seasonings.
5. Pour this mixture into a greased casserole dish.
6. Top with croutons and cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Posted by Amanda Kaake at 2:15 PM