Sunday, August 2, 2009
Provencal Dagwood Sandwich - Yum!
I found this recipe in my husband's cookbook called The Barbeque Bible. Absolutely amazing! Crazy thing is, he really liked it too. Enjoy!
sliced red peppers (I used green)
sliced red onion - peeled but root end left attached
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 CLoves minced garlic
1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
salt and pepper
1 long baguette (I used asiago cheese rolls)
8 oz goat cheese at room temperature
1. Prepare veggies by slicing into long 1/4 inch slices.
2. Make basting mixture by combining all basting ingredients.
3. Set up the grill for grilling preheating on high.
4. When ready to cook brush veggies with the basting mixture.
5. Arrange veggies on grate and grill basting them once or twice more throughout cooking time. It should only take 3-6 minutes. Make sure to season with salt while grilling.
6. Transfer to a platter to cool a bit and separate onion.
To serve we grilled the bread first, then spread goat cheese on each side (top and bottom) of the bread and piled high with veggies. Absolutely amazing! So yes, we did a couple things different than Mr.Raichlen but the results were still amazing!
Posted by Amanda Kaake at 8:31 AM